Saturday 21 September 2013

HOW DO YOU DEFINE YOURSELF...

How do you define yourself as a person? Do you see yourself as a loser, coward and stupid.  Find yourself time and think about this. How and who do you describe yourself as, when someone askes you this question. I have come across people who accept what people call them whether is a negative or postive thing. Then they even laugh it off acting like that person meant it as a joke. My pastor taught me the power of the tongue and be careful of what people say about you.

I was one of people that was called all sorts of names and I would laugh and believe what they said. It did not bother me at first but once people call you bad names frequently it starts to sink in and you than develop what is called Low Self-esteem. It is so easy for a person to see that your not confident , your shy and not courageous. I can say this feeling is one of the most heartbreaking process one can go through. The worst part is that you can not change it over night.

Then at church they give us a confession list which we should confess every morning when we wake up. Oh i tell you that the tongue is powerful. Since i started doing the saying the confession every morning my life is much much better, i no longer worry about what others say and who says what behind. They is a saying that says people who talk behind you are , people who are behind in life, they just have nothing to do in life but just to talk about you.

I remember a song by Kirk Franklin "my life ,my love,my all". It reminds me that no one can  judge you but the almighty who is your life, who let his only and only son to die for us on the cross so we can have life/eternal life. He is God of love who loves us unconditionally, amazingly without no doubt. He is God of all , everything that is on earth is created by him and he give man the gift to be able to produce human-made things like cars, house and others. That is why when you achieve something you need to thank God who blessed you.  

I will conclude by saying that never let people define for you , who you are!!! Open your mouth and speak positive things about yourself (I am Great, I am Strong, Im A Genius, Im Smart)etc. You might take this light but it really works.

No comments:

Post a Comment